An ultrasonic humidifier uses high-frequency sound vibrations to produce an extra fine water mist that improves the humidity levels in your home. Inside the humidifier, there is a tiny metal plate that vibrates at an ultrasonic frequency. This type of humidifier does not rely on a wick and a fan to create moisture
Ultrasonic humidifiers are the most popular type of humidifier on the market, and that is because of their versatility, their efficiency and the level of options you get when you purchase one. In comparison, evaporative humidifiers are somewhat less sophisticated and are less easy to adjust.
Winter is coming, and having a humidifier is a great idea since it can help alleviate many unpleasant things that we are unaware of coming from dry air.
So if you are planning to buy one, and you want to know exactly, what is an ultrasonic humidifier? advantages and disadvantages? we will clarify everything in this article.
WHEN TO USE AN ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER
For your health and that of your family
Installing an ultrasonic humidifier in your home can help reduce the risk of infections because most viruses and bacteria have difficulty surviving in the damp air. For example, it can help you avoid flu infection during the winter.
As you probably know, cold air strips moisture from your skin, leaving it dry, dull, accelerates skin aging and causes flaking. You can easily avoid all these harmful effects with an ultrasonic humidifier and preserve healthy, radiant skin.
In addition, you will be able to avoid nasal dryness. If you have sensitive sinuses, you need to know how dry the dry climates dry out your sinuses. If you have developed a cold, flu or sinus infection, you can use an ultrasonic humidifier to keep your throat and nasal passages moist. You will quickly notice a reduction in your cough and sneezing.
For your indoor plants
If you have indoor plants, you know that they help to remove toxins from the air. But as winter approaches, the air becomes drier, causing the soil, roots, and leaves to dry out. With an ultrasonic humidifier, your house plants can be preserved and go through the winter without any worries.
For your furniture and wooden objects
Dry air also has the nasty defect of damaging the wooden furniture in your home, not to mention doors, moldings and some wooden objects such as guitars. This results in deformation and cracking of the wood.
ADVANTAGES OF AN ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER
- Compared to evaporative models, ultrasonic air humidifiers tend to be more compact. Their small size can be particularly useful in a bedroom. This will allow you to easily install your humidifier on a dresser or bedside table.
- Ultrasonic humidifiers also tend to be exceptionally quiet, which is ideal for not disturbing your sleep or that of your baby. However, some models emit a slight audible and mechanical hum.
- In addition, their maintenance is very simple and their cleaning requires only rinsing the tank and wiping the internal components with white vinegar once a week.
- Finally, ultrasonic humidifiers are extremely energy efficient and do not have hot surfaces, thus eliminating the risk of burns.
DISADVANTAGES OF AN ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER
- Ultrasonic humidifiers project micro-particles of liquid water (not water vapor) into the air. In fact, minerals in the water can settle on surrounding surfaces as fine white dust as the fog falls.
- Ultrasonic models can also over moisten the air in a room to the point where moisture condenses on floors, carpets, and furniture near the machine. In the long term, overwetting can promote the growth of molds and bacteria in your home. For these reasons, high-quality machines are equipped with an integrated hygrometer that switches off the machine when the air reaches the desired humidity.
- If the tank does not contain enough water to absorb diaphragm vibrations, the ultrasonic humidifiers may break. Thus, quality machines are equipped with an automatic shutdown function when the tank is dry.
- Finally, although you can find ultrasonic humidifiers at any price, the most efficient models generally cost a little more than their evaporative counterparts. In addition, the cost of maintenance must also be taken into account. Ultrasonic devices require a demineralization process, requiring periodic maintenance or replacement, to prevent mineral particles from being introduced into the atmosphere.
OUR SELECTION OF ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIERS
Ultrasonic Humidifier OLIVINE moisturizes air efficiently and provides a quiet and safe environment that will not interfere with his/her sleep.
Ultrasonic Humidifier PARODIA is packed with smart features to ensure the best environment: silent operation, Led night lights, Water-shortage power-off protection, etc.
Wooden Humidifier FLORA adopts ultrasonic technology that provides whisper smooth mist to create a calm, relaxing environment, soften and moisten dry skin and helps baby breathes better, especially in winter.